MIDDLETON JAZZ IN THE PARK
The picturesque and historic town of Middleton on the Fleurieu Peninsula is the place to be on Saturday 5 November 2022, when the town comes alive with the sound of jazz as it hosts a stellar line up of world-class musicians performing in our beautiful Abbott Reserve.
Relax on the lawn with local food and refreshments on sale (no BYO thanks). A fabulous day to bring your family or friends … or both! Why not make a weekend of it and stay for a few nights in the beautiful Fleurieu. It’s time to start having fun again!
Tickets are so well priced – just $50 for 8 hours and 8 bands. This event will sell out, so don’t delay.
THE FANTASTIC BANDS PERFORMING
Featuring eight fantastic bands over the day (still waiting on confirmation from one!) playing from, 11am – 7pm
Prinnie first rose to stardom on Season 1 of The Voice where she wowed audiences with her high energy performances that set her aside from the rest. It showcased her ability to be one of the country’s best triple threat performers and her ability to sing, dance and act at the highest level has solidified her place as one of the most sought after performers in the country.
Prinnie perfected the art of song & dance from a young age, landing her 1st musical at 17 in the HIT musical & Australian Premier of RENT. She continued her success in several shows & more recently headlined Thriller LIVE (songs of Michael Jackson) on the West End LONDON. She starred in The Bodyguard (songs of Whitney Houston) with rave reviews as Nicki Maron. Prinnie recently played the iconic role of Sheila in HAIR with Hugh Sheridan in the 50th Anniversary at The Sydney Opera House.
Sabor a Cuba is a 3 piece band that plays originals and also covers with traditional Cuban sounds given by the Afro Cuban Percussion instruments such as Congas, Bongos, Bata Drums, also the Acoustic Guitar and Trumpet bringing the Spanish elements. It will transport you to the streets of Havana and Santiago de Cuba. The band plays a variety of Cuban music genres such as Son, Mambo, Cha Cha Cha, Bolero and many more.
MAX GRYNCHUCK BIG BAND
The Max Grynchuk Big Band is an 18-piece jazz orchestra comprised of some of Australia’s finest young musicians. Originally put together in 2016 to record a demo of several of Max’s compositions, the band has gone on to record two studio albums. The bands first album ‘As For Now’ was released in April 2021, featuring several renowned guest artists, including Will Vinson, James Muller, and Mark Simeon Ferguson. This album showcased 9 of Max’s original compositions, predominantly in the contemporary jazz, and Latin styles. Their second album (Max Grynchuk Big Band Plays Eraser Description) was released in May 2021, and featured Max’s arrangements of the music of synth-funk trio Eraser Description.
DJANGO ROWE QUINTET
Born in 2018, Boomskully is an infusion of hip hop, jazz and soul. Featuring the talents of Jason McMahon (saxes/production), Alex Wignall (keys/synth), Alexander Flood (drums) and Lauren Henderson (vocals). Boomskully’s debut EP is out now!
THE BOYS CLUB
Kate Fuller & The Boys Club launched their debut album I Like Men in 2018, which was nominated for a South Australian Music Award and an Australian Jazz Bell Award. The Boys Club’s latest EP, That’s a Big Guitar, was launched in 2020 and was a finalist nominee in the 2020 South Australian Music Awards.
Soul-Centric is a groovy seven-piece soul band featuring many of Adelaide’s finest musicians across several generations. The band is led by Grammy Award nominated American saxophonist Dusty Cox, along with many of Adelaide’s finest jazz players who all agree that soul is the foundation upon which it’s all built.
Helen Svoboda is a double bassist, vocalist, composer and nature enthusiast. She specialises in soloist double bass composition, emitting a flair for “allowing difficult ideas to sound whimsical and free” (Kristin Berardi, AUS).
Children 10-17 $20
(10 and under, free)
All persons attending Middleton Jazz in the Park leading up to and during the main event on 5 November 2022 will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or possess a certified medical exemption. Ticket holders, artists, volunteers and contractors will need to provide proof of full vaccination upon entry to the Festival.
Note: In the event of cancellation by the Promoter, 100% of your ticket purchase price will be refunded (less booking fee). In the event of cancellation due to an event outside of the Promoter’s control (ie COVID-19, severe weather systems etc), 80% of your ticket purchase price (less booking fee) will be refunded to you. The balance of 20% will be retained to pay artists and suppliers.
FOOD & DRINK
We ask that you do not bring your own food and drink to this event (apart from water, of course!). Local and fantastic food and refreshments will be on sale.
Saturday 5th November 2022
11:00am – 7:00pm
Abbott Reserve, Middleton
Saturday 5 November 2022, 11am – 7pm
Tickets are all being sold online through TryBooking.com.
Here’s the link: https://www.trybooking.com/BURZK
We are working through car parking options and will update this as soon as we have details of where patrons will be asked to park.
All persons attending Middleton Jazz in the Park leading up to and during the main event on 26 March 2022 will be required to be fully vaccinated or possess a certified medical exemption.
In the event of cancellation by the Promoter, 100% of your ticket purchase price will be refunded (less booking fee).
In the event of cancellation due to an event outside of the Promoter’s control (ie COVID-19, severe weather systems etc), 80% of your ticket purchase price (less booking fee) will be refunded to you. The balance of 20% will be retained to pay artists and suppliers.
Dogs (and any other animals) are not allowed at this event at all.
In the event of extreme heat or light rain, Jazz in the Park will still go ahead. If it is raining, please bring personal protective clothes (ie rain jackets and hats) NOT umbrellas, as we do not wish to block the view of people behind you.
If the forecast is for extreme heat, please come prepared with a hat, long sleeves, sunscreen and plenty of water (we will also have water available at the event).
11am is when the first band will start up, and there will be eight bands playing throughout the day, finishing at 7pm.
There will a variety of food vans, and wine tents, a Pimms bar and the Middleton Tavern selling beer, cider and more. Soft drinks and water will be available and slushies for the kids.
No, we will be selling wine, cider, beer and spirits from the Middleton Tavern bar, local wineries and a Pimms bar.
We would love to eliminate using single-use plastics, and we encourage you to BYO a re-fillable bottle for use at the water stations on site.
Jazz in the Park is a smoke-free event.
First aid will be on site for the duration of the event.
Early bird tickets (before Christmas) are $40 plus booking fee. After Christmas, $50 a ticket. Children 11-17 are $15, 10 and under are free.
Get in touch with our Promoter: jen@MiddletonSA.com.au
- Tickets are sold subject to Middleton Jazz in the Park and TryBooking.com conditions of sale.
- All ticket sales are final. Once purchased, tickets are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for commercial re-sale and they are only valid if purchased from Trybooking.com.
- In the event that we are forced to cancel due to COVID-19 restrictions, you will be assured an 80% refund of the ticket purchase price, minus booking fee. 20% of your ticket purchase price will be retained to assure contractors and artists are paid their retainers, if not their full contracted rate.
- If you are unable to attend the event due to contracting COVID-19, or COVID-19 related symptoms, or you are required to self-isolate or quarantine, or due to COVD-related state or international border closures, contact the Box Office to arrange a refund. Medical or other evidence will need to be provided to the Middleton Jazz office to claim a refund. Please note, 80% of your ticket price will be refunded, as in point 3 above.
- No refunds or exchanges will be available unless the Event is cancelled or is rescheduled and you do not wish to attend the alternative date, or for COVID-19 related reasons as detailed above in point 4.
- A COVID-Safe plan will be in place in accordance with Government requirements. All attendees must comply with the relevant regulations at the time of the event.
- You must supply the correct full name and contact details of all attendees at the time of purchase.
- Ticket orders will be cancelled if credit card funds are unavailable.
- Companion Card holders who purchase a ticket will be provided with a complimentary ticket for their companion/carer. To arrange the complimentary ticket, please contact the promoter jen@MiddletonSA.com.au. A copy of the Companion Card must be provided.
- No tickets will be available at the gate.
- Children 10 years and under who are accompanied by a ticketed, responsible adult enter the Event at no charge and must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. The phone number of the responsible adult must be written on the child’s wristband to assist with location should the child become lost.
- If Middleton Jazz determines that the price of tickets set out on TryBooking.com is in error, persons who have purchased tickets will be contacted. If the error has resulted in the purchaser being overcharged, the amount overcharged will be refunded. If the error has resulted in the purchaser being undercharged, PFFF reserves the right to charge the purchaser the balance of the correct ticket price. If ticket holders disagree, tickets can be cancelled and a full refund provided net of the non-refundable booking fee.
- In the case where Middleton Jazz has sold out of tickets, a ticket re-selling facility will be operated via the Middleton Jazz Box Office. If tickets have not sold out, the reselling facility will not operate. Please check our website to check if tickets have sold out. If we have sold out and you wish to resell your ticket, please email jen@middletonSA.com.au. Please note there is no guarantee that you will be able to purchase, or sell, a ticket via this facility.
- Tickets may only be purchased with a credit card issued in the purchaser’s name. Fees and surcharges include GST. A 2.5% processing fee will be payable for all tickets purchased through the Box Office in addition to the Trybooking transaction fee of 50 cents per ticket.
Ticket exchange/wrist bands
- The BARCODED TICKET is required to be exchanged for a wristband at the entrance to Middleton Jazz in the Park. At this point we will ask to see your Covid Vaccination certificate.
- Each person must personally attend to have their wristband attached to their wrist. You are unable to collect a wristband on behalf of another ticket holder, even in your family or group.
- Once you have your wrist band fitted, it must be worn at all times. Wristbands must remain intact to gain entrance to the Event. Damage to a wristband (even if accidental) will render it invalid and access to the venue denied, unless the Ticketing Manager or security staff approves a replacement.
- If you lose your ticket, please go to https://www.trybooking.com/lost-tickets to have your tickets re-sent. If you do not bring your valid barcoded ticket to the entrance of Middleton Jazz in the Park, a $5 administration fee will be charged to locate and or/reissue your ticket and you may be delayed entry while this is searched for.
- Event Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to any person who:
- – cannot produce a valid e-ticket
- – presents an e-ticket that has been purchased or obtained through an unauthorised source or by illegal means, or
- – presents an e-ticket that has been duplicated.
- Middleton Jazz in the Park reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary any advertised program, change venue and vary audience capacity. No claim for compensation shall be made in the event that the program is varied due to the non-appearance of an advertised artist.
- Chairs may be brought into the Event.
- Grassed areas may not be reserved through the placement of blankets or chairs, unless the space is continually occupied. The Event organisers reserve the right to remove any unattended blankets or chairs.
Audio & Visual
- All ticket holders consent to any official filming, photographic and sound recording as members of the audience.
- No equipment, recording device, phone or camera will be allowed where the user is intending to use the photos, audio or video for unauthorised commercial use.
- Middleton Jazz in the Park disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party including the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue or other person in connection with the performance or referred to on this site.
- Entry is at the ticket holder’s own risk. Middleton Jazz in the Park shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or on the site – to the extent allowed by the law. The right to refuse entry is reserved by Middleton Jazz in the Park and venue providers.
- The PFFF takes no responsibility for any hearing damage or loss, please use ear plugs if necessary.
- You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by you or your invitees.
Smoking, alcohol, illegal drugs and glass
- Smoking is not permitted inside Abbott Reserve.
- Patrons wishing to consume alcohol must be 18 years and over (photographic ID will be required as proof of age). It is prohibited to bring your own alcohol to the event. We reserve the right to evict patrons who disobey or break Responsible Service of Alcohol legislation and the law. In accordance with legislation, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult when entering the licensed area.
- Anyone found supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the Event, will lose their wristband, and criminal charges may be a consequence.
- Ticket holders agree to comply with all Middleton Jazz in the Park security arrangements, as well as those of the venue provider, including personal searches (if deemed necessary by Middleton Jazz in the Park). All GLASS BOTTLES, ALCOHOL, ILLEGAL DRUGS, WEAPONS, or DANGEROUS ITEMS are prohibited and will be confiscated. No claim may be made against Middleton Jazz in the Park or the venue provider for items confiscated. Persons found in possession of illegal drugs, weapons or dangerous items will be removed from the venue, will lose their wristband and may face criminal charges.
- Middleton Jazz in the Park or the venue provider may refuse admission to any ticket holder for any reasonable cause and may request any ticket holder to leave the venue for any reasonable cause.
- You agree to a search of your person or possessions on entry to the Event.
- The information requested is only used in the processing of your tickets; in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, the information is not supplied to any third party.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, you must follow all Middleton Jazz in the Park and other directives of official personnel.
- No animals will be permitted onto the Event site, with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Fires and fireworks are not permitted.
- Activities such as moshing, crowd surfing and stage-diving are not permitted. Patrons engaging in these or other dangerous activities will be evicted from the Event and will lose their wristband. Patrons must follow directions given by Event staff in regards to seating, traffic flow and creating more available space for patrons in venues.
Environment and community
- Middleton Jazz in the Park cares for the environment and community. Please recycle wherever possible and place all waste in the appropriate bins provided.
- Please respect our town and neighbours. Do not create excessive noise and do not litter while traveling to and from the Event.
- Any breach of any of these terms and conditions will entitle the Event organisers to evict the ticket holder from the venue and confiscate any ticket or wristband, without refund.